Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Blocks No. 17 and 18

Block No. 17
Mothers Delight Christabel Pankhurst

It's been some time since I finished the blocks.  Husband in the hospital in December and then I injured my leg and walking is difficult...on crutches until it can be fixed in February.  Now just catching up on the blocks.  This block is paper pieced in the four quarters and then the four quarters are hand stitched together.  I'm still using up my scraps from my stash.  Soon be running out of the bright colors.

Block No. 18
Cheyenne Wyoming Firsts
 
This block was paper pieced and then the parts were hand stitched.  I'm finding I like this method.  When I'm putting the parts of the block together that I've paper pieced, it's much easier to get the points to match if you hand stitch.

More to come.  Will be posting 19 and 20 soon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your comments.