Sunday, February 10, 2013

Block No. 24 - True Blue - Too Smart

Block 24:  True Blue - Too Smart





Block 24 now finished.  Sections are foudation pieced and then hand pieced sections together.  







 





Looking at the process

Colors tested in EQ7







































Foundation Pattern is printed ready to cut into sections.   Each color is marked.







Each section is cut out and pieced and trimmed with 1/4 inch seam allowance Lines are drawn on the sewing line in preparation of hand piecing.


Each section organized for hand piecing

This is my process.  Once I begin the hand piecing the paper is removed from the back before I piece.  It's easier to piece without the paper.  Organizing is important for me.  Without that I'd get all mixed up as to what goes where.  I mark the sewing lines for ease of piecing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your comments.