Sunday, October 7, 2012

Grandmother's Choice Block No. 6.  Aunt Eliza's Star - Child Custody


To create this block I used  BlockBase No. 2830.  If you don't have Block Base but do have a version of EQ Software   Electric Quilt Company  go to your block library - 9 patch stars.  There I found an Aunt Eliza's Star, a Variable Star, and a Twin Star. And of course, there is the Ohio Star (I'm from Ohio).  I found the Ohio Star  under Classic Pieced - Classics. These are similar to Grandmother's Choice Block 6.  Just eliminate the inner square. 

To prepare this block, I first appliqued hearts on the Middle Square and the Corner squares, then pieced the block.  I used foundation piecing. 

The middle heart represents the mother, and the corner hearts represent her children..two boys (blue hearts), two girls (pink hearts).  The green for the star represents their youth, health, and growth - and I love green.

A very nice block for stash busting.  Using up even the smallest pieces.  Actually went into my waist basket to get the fabric for the hearts.

Child custody is very important.  As a lawyer, I worked in this area for many years.  The world has changed since the 1800's.  Thankfully, the court system now looks for the best interest of the child.  Sometimes it's mom, sometimes dad, sometimes it's both but the attempt is to make the best choice for the children.

Happy Quilting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your comments.