Monday, May 27, 2013

BLOCK 39: ENDLESS STAIRS - RANK AND RIGHT

ENDLESS STAIRS - RANK AND RIGHT

Pieces from my past.  The dark blues from my long ago stash.  The light from several years back for a challenge at Sauders Quilt Festival.

The block is paper pieced.  

 

 

This is the block for week 39.  Endless Stairs representing the endless hierarchy in our society.  Named by Hearth and Home Magazine over 100 years ago, when put together in a quilt, it gives the look of endless stairs going on and on.

 

Using EQ7, I've made the block and the quilt.  

To make the quilt, you would use this arrangement of light and dark and prepare a block like this:

 


and then setting the blocks, it would end up looking like this:

 

Blocks are 4 across and 5 deep

 I didn't use the light/dark arrangement I used in EQ.  My block will join all the other blocks to make one large quilt, so I used the color arrangement that was pleasing to me.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your comments.