Monday, May 27, 2013

Block No. 37 - NAMELESS STAR - THE LUCY STONE LEAGUE

BLOCK 37:  NAMELESS STAR - THE LUCY STONE LEAGUE

Again, using fabric from my stash I put together this Star by paper piecing.  I then embellished by putting in the circles and the leaves.  I think I'm in my blue period because the other 3 blocks I put together this weekend are also in blues.  

When women marry, they take on the husband's name.  Nameless.  Are we women nameless?  We take our father's last name, do we not.  We don't take our mother's name.  So keeping a father's name is still male dominant. At least in this time, we pretty much can decide whose name to use.  The circle in the center of this block to me represents this circuitous or roundabout reasoning.  The flower is pointing in all directions.  Who are we really and does our name make a difference? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your comments.